Dusit international forms Joint Venture company with Colours International in Japan
Thailand-based hospitality company to explore options for hotels in flagship cities throughout Japan and has formed a strategic partnership.
Global hospitality company Dusit International has announced the formation of Dusit Colours Co., Ltd. - a joint venture company launched in partnership with Colours International Co., Ltd., operator of the E-Hotel chain, in Japan.
Dusit Colours, Dusit International’s debut in Japan aims to develop and operate Dusit-branded hotels and providing hotel management education. As per the agreement, both companies will work together to develop a unique hotel franchise model inspired from the best of Thai and Japanese hospitality cultures and traditions.
Dusit International owns 49 per cent of the company, while Colours International owns the remaining 51 per cent. The joint venture company is set to explore opportunities in several major Japanese cities. This includes Kyoto, as candidate sites for hotels under Dusit International’s five-star Dusit Thani brand. They are also considering projects under other Dusit hotel brands, including dusitD2, DusitPrincess, and Dusit Devarana.
Japan has become one of the top ten destinations for travelers worldwide. The number of inbound tourists increases each year, by an average of 33% per annum between 2011-2015, and in 2017 the country recorded its most successful January yet by welcoming almost 2.3 million international visitors. Moreover, Japan is preparing to host the Olympics in 2020, Dusit International is confident this upward trend will only continue and is delighted to be exploring options in this lucrative market.
Group Chief Executive Officer of Dusit International and Director of Dusit Colours, Ms Suphajee Suthumpun stated, “Two core areas for Dusit’s profitable and sustainable growth include balance and expansion,”. She continued, “In the next three years we aim to broaden our portfolio to have more than 50 per cent of our operations outside of Thailand, and entering key markets such as Japan will be essential to reaching this goal. We are delighted to partner with Colours International for this joint venture. Their local expertise and knowledge will prove invaluable as we explore projects designed to delight visitors and residents alike in Kyoto.”
Mr Yoshihiro Matsumoto, President of Colours International commented, “Both Dusit International and Colours International are known for delivering distinctive hospitality inspired by the cultures of their native countries, so there’s a real synergy between our operations. We look forward to making this joint venture a resounding success.”
(Icon Photo – from left: Mr Yoshihiro Matsumoto,
President of Colours International, Ms Suphajee Suthumpan, Group Chief
Executive Officer of Dusit International & Mr Chanin Donavanik, Vice
Chairman and Chairman of the Executive Committee of Dusit International)